Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Xmas is over

I had another one of those epic dreams last night that seem to go on forever,
you wake up in the middle of it, and it continues when you fall asleep again.
In this one, the company I work for had organised a trek through the desert. For everyone and it was compulsory. (viper if you are reading this, you made a cameo appearance. For some reason you decided to join us and afterwards disappeared off to eastern europe for some sort of orgy) I don't remember much of the trek - just the sand - and we all piled into tents afterwards for a meal. The whole thing reminded me of the school fun runs we used to have.

The stranger part of my dream was that I was running some kind of zoo in my back garden. It was a very small garden, with a circle of cages running around it, I had a lion, baboons, a gorilla, and other animals that I don't quite remember. I also had a chipmunk.Sadly,it died. The baboon also got sick - but I managed to nurse it to health.

I am so glad that Christmas is over. I ate solidly for three days, so much so that I seem to be permanently hungry. I also lost 2 pounds - I must have a tapeworm. I did pretty well for Christmas this year - I am now the proud owner of a purple candlyfloss maker (a machine which totally exercises ones patience), a chocolate fondue kit, that candy g-string that I asked Santa for (untested), glow-in-the-dark seamonkey aquarium (brings back terrible memories of my uni days) and of course, what every fashionable girl needs, a guide to Minge Topiary.
Oh, and I also got the LOTR Extended Edition box set that I have been waiting 3 years for. That should fill up any spare 12 hours I have going.

So that's it. 2 more days until the end of 2004. And what a year it's been! Probably the busiest and most memorable year of my life. I started this year dodging fireworks in the Czech Republic, I'll be finishing it in a cottage in the West Country - a friend of mine will be bringing his 7ft power kite so watch out - anyone living in Devon :)

1 comment:

linz said...

I'm a little curious about the whole sexual desert thing. There appears to be a conjecture but no reasoning. According to dreammoods.com dreaming of walking through a desert signifies loss and misfortune. By your rationale does that mean that by *not* shagging my mother, I have triggered subconcious fears of misfortune?