Wednesday, June 29, 2005

note to self

I feel so tired this morning. Up until quite late last night trying to practise sudoku ready for my regional heat in the Independent Grand Championship, I had to come into the office
for 7am so I can leave early this afternoon. Talk about glutton for punishment.

As I sit here nursing my tea and croissant, I ponder about the recent events in my life. Seems like no matter how much I plan to try and relax, somehow it never works out.
Last week I had an amazingly busy week as usual. I was off work for 4 days learning Java, on Wednesday I had an awesome night watching Royksopp play at Koko. On the weekend I went to a 3 hour bellydancing workshop at which I tweaked and gyrated muscles that normally don't move :)
This weekend I am off to a hopefully sunny Barcelona for shoes and sangria :P
I'm thinking about a book that I bought some months ago called In Praise of Slow It's about how people shouldn't rush around so much and live life at a slightly slower place. Pity I don't have time to read it :)

Despite all this activity I feel restless. It's all very well having fun but there is still something missing. Challenge. Not gentle stimulus like japanese logic puzzles, or physical challenges like belly dancing, but a fierce mental challenge to awaken the ambition and drive I know to exist within myself. Just need to figure out what it should be...

No comments: