Wednesday, June 15, 2005

pi

It's pie day.

Last night I made my first ever pie. A beautiful lemon meringue pie, with a perfectly crisp meringue top and a fresh lemony filling. It took me about 2 hours - and at 11pm we had a taste test.
My mum's favourite dessert, she gave it a thumbs up. My dad made no comment though his slice disappeared quickly enough. Mrs L declared it fattening but had a slice anyway. I had seconds :)

Today is Chicken Pot Pie day at EAT . This is probably my favourite soup, ever. Creamy chicken soup with a puff pastry top it really hits the spot, especially on a cold rainy day like this.

Whilst my brain is indulging in pie-involving flights of fancy, I am idly browsing the web for pie recipes. Next on my list: Banoffee Pie.
I am a total dessert fiend and both lemon meringue and banoffee pie are high on my list of favourite desserts. My current favourite place for banoffee pie is a restaurant called Sweet Basil. The food is great, but dessert is pure heaven.

viperx is probably chewing at the bit waiting for my list so here it is - my top 10 desserts :)


  1. Chocolate Bento Box at Ubon (sister of Nobu)

  2. Banoffee Pie at Sweet Basil

  3. Trufa de Chocolate con Helado de Vainilla at La Tasca

  4. Banoffee Pie pot from EAT

  5. Home-made green tea icecream

  6. Vanilla Fudge Brownie icecream from Haagen-Dazs

  7. Chocolate Profiteroles

  8. Fruit Crumble with custard

  9. Raspberry cheesecake

  10. Bananas and custard. With chocolate. And maybe some raspberries. And possibly some cake/crumble over the top. mmmmmmmmmmmm



Maintenant, EAT here I come.

1 comment:

Zelek said...

The lemon meringue pie was indeed very good. I was exceptionally impressed with the large fluffy meringue bit on the top that cracked as the funny shaped spoon pierced it.

Incidentally, I also noticed this morning that the lemon part had hardened somewhat, which was my only semi-complaint last night ;)

Make sure you save me a bit...or alternatively I'll trade you Quiche for Key Lime pie...