Friday, June 17, 2005

if jim could fix it

It doesn't take that much to make me happy. I'm not particularly into fast cars and a glamourous lifestyle. Whilst feeling low and unhappy tonight, I considered what it would take to pull me out of my despondency.

I would love to hire out a massive concert hall. Take out all the seating and fix a hammock in the middle of the hall. I'd hire Bond to come and play for me whilst I lie in the hammock and engulf myself in the music. The sound of string instruments makes my heart tremor when played in the right way. My first request would be Strange Paradise. Followed by Big Love Adagio.
I guess in reality the music could be anything, I can think of some great tracks that would sound amazing echoing round a big room:

  • Higher Place by royksopp
  • Kiseki no umi from the anime Record of Lodoss Wars
  • Duvet (remix) by boa from anime Serial Experiments Lain
  • Yellow by Coldplay
  • Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers
  • Sadness by Enigma

And of course, my favourite classical piece of all time probably:- Air on the G String.

Now that I think about it, I'd forgo the concert hall for an empty stone castle. I'd love the music to be bouncing off the stone walls, everywhere I went. How amazing would that be. I'd love this castle to be high up with a view of the sea. The music would be floating out into the wind as I perch on a bay window looking out over the horizon. Just me, the breeze, the view and the music. Heaven.

No comments: