Monday, June 20, 2005

Todays Tip for achieving contentment

It's quite amazing just how many hours you can spend poring over your cd collection, realising just how long it's been since you last heard x track, deciding to rejuvenate that album by ripping it to mp3 and adding it to your iTunes playlist.
I'm currently in full multitask mode - writing my blog entry, ripping the matrix ost, listening to the Fight Club ost and fine tuning my iTunes playlist ready for a re-sync.
My PC isn't particularly happy - diagnostics are showing the cpu is overheating a little - 52 degrees (oops)

Had a very weird paranoid moment today - it's a little out of character as I'm usually pretty calm and laidback. I was walking out of a shop and suddenly felt very conscious of my ankles. It's hard to describe but I had an irrational fear that my ankles were about to be separated from my legs by invisible cheesewire across the doorway. It only lasted for a moment - as soon as I stepped out of the shop it went away and I wondered why I was thinking about that. It's something that I've had before and I think that it stems back from my schooldays. We used to have to do a 3 mile cross country course every year through these woods near our school - every year people spread rumours about pranksters stretching tripwires across the trees and I used to worry a little about it. Odd that now, some 10 years later I still have disturbing thoughts about it.

Wow. Amazing how a song can bring back such strong memories. Clubbed to Death - I haven't listened to this for nearly 5 years. The last time I did I was sitting on the District Line going back home. It invokes incredibly strong memories, memories that I wanted to quash forever. Feelings of remorse, love, regret, sadness and fragility. It's a beautiful song, one of few that I can play over and over without getting tired of it. The composition is perfect. The melodies of the violins and piano haunt my soul. Who needs words?

No comments: