Monday, June 13, 2005

brief pause for breath

It's been a busy old week. Somehow I've managed to fit the following into 6 days:

- seeing Sin City (Beautifully made film, great action and lots of fantastic gory violence)
- treated to seeing Derren Brown live (mind-boggling tricks from the jedi master himself - it was very cool and mystifying)
- accidentally stumbling across a wonderful and sexy belly dancer in Bar Marrakesh who has totally inspired me for my class on the 26th June. wow wow wow - I want to be a belly dancer! (though I don't know why it's called bellydancing as it looks more like ass-shaking to me)
- Spending a whole day under constant scrutiny of an observer whilst taking part in team building events such as building paper houses.
- watching a stage production of Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist. I enjoyed this - though it was a lot like a pantomime. Still, the actors were very enthusiastic and captured the main elements of the story.

Yesterday I think I saw Air Force One. It was a strange moment, whilst walking towards the Tube station I suddenly saw a huge jet overhead flying frighteningly low (I don't really live anywhere near an airport). It passed overhead. I carried on walking.
A minute later I stopped in my tracks as I saw another large plane flanked by 2 small planes (that can only be described as military planes) on either side. My jaw dropped even further when this was followed by yet another large plane flanked by 2 smaller military planes. I must have seen at least 13 planes all in all including the initial jumbo. I have to admit that it made me nervous.... I wonder what they were?

No comments: