Thursday, June 02, 2005

spacefiller

It's quite interesting to observe the mini revolutions in our lives. It's not been a good day so far in my little world, I left the house a little later than usual, decided halfway down the road that I was NOT going to wear my glasses today as they were making me dizzy and went back home to put my contact lenses in. The moment I stepped on the train, the driver announced that there had been a passenger taken ill at Liverpool Street station and that we were not going to be moving any time soon. By the time we started moving the driver then announced that we were not going to be stopping at Liverpool Street station at all (my stop) so I had to go to the next stop and come back the other way.

So I got to work pretty late. I have a lot of work to do - inevitably, today had to be the day where our NFS server started playing up (died) and I am unable to do any development. Luckily for me, I remembered to buy a paper this morning and so have at my disposal a whole 4 sudokus to complete :)

This is what I mean about the mini revolutions. When my colleague introduced me to these addictive puzzles a few weeks ago, little did I know how much they would be absorbed into my life. Whilst I am sitting at work waiting for a build or taking a short break from staring at code, I pass a little time doing a puzzle. I have no idea what I used to do with these gaps. Just like I cannot remember how I ever managed without a mobile phone. Without it, I almost feel naked. Vulnerable and disconnected.

Anyway, back to my sudoku :)

No comments: