Tuesday, April 05, 2005

please no.. not the bubbles

I think I'll be dreaming of bubbles tonight. We spent nearly an hour practising our accurate freepour technique. That's an hour of counting Bubble,2,3,4 in my head over and over as I poured away my 'almost perfect' measure of water.

Had a great day today - most of the day was spent sniffing and tasting spirits and liqueurs. Vodka, Gin, Rum, Cognac, Tequila, Whisky, and yummy liqueurs like Frangelico and Midori - we did them all. Definitely beats a day in the office :)
I felt distinctly nervous as I was asked to prepare my first highball in front of the class, like I did on my driving lesson. Wonder why I felt so nervous? It was a simple drink, vodka and tonic on the rocks. Ice, vodka, tonic and a piece of lime. No shaking required. Must work on psyching myself up for tomorrow - we start on the real cocktails!

No comments: