Saturday, April 16, 2005

don't try this at home

The night before last I had another strange dream.

I dreamt that I was talking to my mum, and rather matter-of-factly she told me that her time was soon up. She knew that she was going to die. She wanted me to take everything in the house with no monetary value and burn it in a big bonfire inside the house. So I did. I pulled everything out of drawers, off the shelves, everything with any sort of sentimental value, threw it into the centre of the room and set it alight. The fire was pretty spectacular. Oddly, the house didn't burn down.. it seemed to be pretty much self-contained in it's own space.

Curious, I had another little look at what this might have meant:

Fire

Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolizes destruction, passion, desire, illumination, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. It also represents your drive and motivation.

No comments: