Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Infinite possibilities

On Sunday I watched a really interesting episode of Nip/Tuck. It's not particularly relevant what happens, but one of the main characters has an operation, and whilst under anaesthetic dreams of an alternative reality in which she made a different choice at a pivotal moment in her past.

In the very near future, I shall no doubt be experiencing a pivotal moment in my life. Realism aside, here is how I think that reality will unfold:

I have a choice to make. Person A, Person B and the middle path, neither.
I choose the middle path. In an attempt to enjoy my newfound singlehood I sign up for Tango classes, go speed-dating, learn to snowboard and find a part-time job in a happening bar in the East End. One night a tall handsome stranger joins my Tango class and as our eyes and arms lock, we are both lost in the instantaneous chemistry that occurs. We go for a walk in nighttime London and he tells me that he is leaving the country in 2 weeks. It turns out that he owns a beach bar in Tanzania and he wants me to go back with him. I quit my job in Finance IT. 2 years later, our bar is the hippest place in the country and Tanzania has turned into such an amazing chillout destination that Easyjet starts offering cheap flights there. I publish my own book of cocktails. I get married on the Millenium Bridge in London. Gordon Ramsey caters my wedding reception. Every year on our wedding anniversary we fly out and watch the Northern Lights together. I have a little girl called Leanne who grows up to be a primadonna ballerina. I eventually die of a heart attack when my accountant tells me how much money I have spent on shoes over my life :)

Well, you never know.

No comments: