Friday, November 05, 2004

Bright eyes

My eyes are looking a little swollen today. I'm not sure why this as I actually went to bed early for once.

I had a strange dream last night. Parts of it are more vivid than others.
I was in a restaurant toilet. There was only one toilet with a sink and lockable door - no cubicles. As I went to lock the door,
a rather overweight lady walked in. As I wasn't about to do my business with her watching, I asked her politely if she could
wait outside and she said no! An argument ensued and then we started having a waterfight at the sink.
After a while we took the fight outside the ladies toilet and I returned to my table except this fat lady followed me and started throwing food
at from other tables to which my response was to throw food back. Unfortunately for me, I think this woman was a better shot than me
and managed to give me a black eye by throwing a dinner plate.

So I'm wondering again this morning why my eyes are swollen.

1 comment:

viperx143 said...

i have a theory about this stuff.
a premise is that the brain is in a different mode when you are asleep and is not ready to interpret 'normal' stimulii in a 'normal' way.

So if the alarm clock goes off, the aural portions of the brain fire stimulii as normal, but the other parts of the brain struggle to interpret the signals. This is dreaming.
You need the toilet? bladder calls brain. brain struggles. you dream about water, eventually you dream you are peeing. Some consicous-subscious alarm goes off and you wake up going 'SHIT!' and checking the sheets just in case :)
Your alarm goes off? you dream of a noise you can't find, or a friend you are talking to who takes a phone call.

So my theory goes that you only dream when there is an external or internal stimulus to wrongly interpret...

Maybe you live in a noisy place, toss and turn a lot and need a pee quite a bit ? ? :) :)