Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Bikini Barbie

Following on from my last post - I've been thinking about what it would be like to be
really small, like pocket-sized. I used to love reading the Borrowers as a child (haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on that).
I could ride around in people's pockets and spy on people from behind the clock on the mantlepiece. As a job I could charge people to help them cheat in their exams. I could make a whole meal out of a slice of peperoni.

I did dwell for quite a long time on the sort of clothes I'd be limited to wearing. I mean, Barbie has quite a good selection to choose from, and the dolls these days are very fashionable indeed but how about underwear? I've not yet seen any slinky lingerie for Barbie (though I have to say that I've never really looked). Plus I think I'd get really tired of plastic shoes. And I can't even contemplate how much scarier spiders would be...

2 comments:

viperx143 said...

despite the novel career opportunites, this idea is fraught with danger. Little boys would
- pull your legs off
- burn you with the old sun and magnifying glass trick
- attempt to find out whether your breasts were solid with no nipples :)

ken would not be able to save you, as he's made of plastic

linz said...

I do admit that there are some flaws in my plan
but there is no fun in life without adventure!
I could play Indiana Jones with the old Screwball Scramble set and a pile of dominoes. I'd obviously also have to learn how to defend myself against evil little boys. Therefore I aim to build myself an artifically intelligent bodyguard out of Action Man.