Friday, August 13, 2004

Fantaseas

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow.


Last night in my dream I was struggling to think of what to do for his birthday - where we could take him to celebrate. I had a sudden flash of inspiration - swimming at Fantaseas, an indoor waterpark that has waterslides, rapids and all that sort of thing. It was very close by,in Lakeside Retail Park, in between Miller Brothers and the UCI Cinema.

[In actual fact, whilst this retail park does exist, as does Miller Bros and UCI Cinema, there is nothing in-between them, and there is no waterpark anywhere near Lakeside at all. Fantaseas did used to exist, but it sat somewhere off the M25and has long since shut down]


Anyway, we ended up driving to Fantaseas and found out that it was now called Equilibrium. I got out of the car and realised that I had somehow forgotten to bring my swimming costume. Luckily for me, my brother remembered that I could buy sportswear at a massive shop called Wilkinson Sword (?!) so off we went.On the ground floor of this shop they sold an absolutely incredible range of Anime merchandise, cuddly Totoros, Gundam, trading cards, it was all there. My brother and I had a heated argument about whether the goods were cheaper in this shop than in Japan/Hong Kong and we traded nonsense prices at each other.

I didn't think any of this was at all strange but I will never know whether this shop actually sold swimwear, or indeed, if I managed to buy anything becausethe next thing I knew, I was strolling through the door of Equilibrium looking for the ticket counter. We wandered through some unusually dark corridors and passed many many doors - much like a hall of residence. There were girls strolling between the roomswith hairdryers and mobile phones, some still dressed in their pink pyjamas. I didn't think this was strange either. It's funny how the oddest things that happen in dreams just seem normal at the time.


Unfortunately I never got to do any swimming as my mobile phone alarm went off and woke me up. I also think it's unlikely that I will be going swimming tomorrow on my dad's birthday.


No comments: