Thursday, March 31, 2005

self empowerment

This last week has been extremely emotional. At my lowest ebb I found my self-esteem slipping away under the floorboards. Unable to catch it, I remembered the perfect way to restore it.

Music. More effective than losing yourself in alcohol, the right song can send you spinning to the stars with euphoria. Those who know me may have witnessed me on the dancefloor in some bar or club with a gleam in my eye. These moments are when I find my self-esteem at it's highest, where I'm disappearing and reappearing between a far-off place of my own and the rest of the crowd.

Applying this remedy, I have adjusted my playlist to only play empowering songs. Yesterday I sank below the surface with Radiohead and Coldplay.
Today, the gleam in my eye is back.

No comments: