Sunday, October 08, 2006

Takeoff

It is nearing the end of Detox Day One.

I did sort of go for a trial run yesterday, having been rudely awakened at 8am by builders outside my house, I got up at 9.30 and went for a test detox shower. After washing in hot water, I turned the temperature to cold and waited for the shock. It didn't happen. We don't have a power shower - and the temperature sort of went from hot to slightly less hot to just over lukewarm.

This morning I executed Plan B :) Whilst running the hot shower, I filled a plastic basin full of cold water. When I finished washing, I braced myself and emptied the basic over myself. Eeek! Whilst I wouldn't necessarily have called it invigorating, it certainly woke me up.

I think that I ate more today than I normally eat. I had breakfast, lunch, dinner and lots of fruit and nut snacks. I have this feeling that by the end of my detox I am going to really hate nuts. I have already discovered that I don't have much of a taste for brown rice. Still, I am quite pleased as today has gone quite well. It's easy if you are at home anyway.

My biggest struggle today was when I decided to out shopping. I sauntered through Selfridges Food Hall and that was quite painful. Past all the chocolates, the cakes, the sausages and pies. All these things that I love and wanted to try but cannot have. I went to buy a drink and realised that all I am really allowed to drink is water. I have had countless cups of water and honey today - and visited the toilet more times in one day than I normally do in a week :)

Tomorrow is going to be tough. First day of work - plus I am on early support! I usually keep my energy levels up with caffeine....

No comments: