Thursday, October 12, 2006

Emergence

It was a bit of a struggle today to follow my detox. I had to go on a training course - the first of four days actually - and the lunch was provided. Not being able to eat meat, I had a lovely lunch of boiled white rice (emergencies only of course), vegetables and salad. I had to forego the apple tart and eat fruit salad (but avoiding the oranges).

It's day 5 of my detox - it's going to be a tough one to see this through I think. The other night I went to see Russell Brand in Shepherds Bush - it was going to be too late to cook so I went out to eat. Everything is off the menu except for a salad with no dressing. *sigh* At least I'll save money by not being able to eat out except for sushi. And even that isn't the same since I'm not allowed soy sauce.....

I have to say that I have felt some small differences. On the third day, as I was walking home I realised that I felt lighter somehow - particularly around my stomach. I don't think I've lost weight really, but I just feel like I'm emptier inside. The worst thing so far is that with all the drinking of water, I am constantly peeing. This I am not used to.

I also felt the first cravings for caffeine today. Sitting in a very dull training room listening to someone drone on about team management, having only had some 4+ hours sleep (my own fault for sitting up reading so late), by the time we hit the first coffee break I was dying for some tea or coffee. And biscuits. Noooooooo :(( The herbal tea and apple I opted for just didn't hit the mark. *double sigh*

Roll on November.

No comments: