Wednesday, August 17, 2005

run rabbit run

Yesterday I went temporarily insane and registered for this years Nike runlondon event. I have exactly 2 months to train myself to be able to run 10k - which in reality isn't all that much. Except that I haven't done any running since probably 1995. Oops :)

Official training sessions start next week, in the meantime I have to think seriously about solitary training and also perhaps joining a gym.

I've had people wondering why I've suddenly decided to do this. I guess I've been feeling somewhat unmotivated of late. I'm not unhappy but I'm the sort of person who hates to feel unchallenged and this time round I've decided on a physical challenge as opposed to the mental challenges I usually set myself.

The great thing about this is that the deadline is so close that I will be forced to take immediate action - there's no putting it off unless I want to fail miserably. And that's not something I'm likely to allow to happen..

No comments: