Friday, August 05, 2005

dog daze

Location: On the step of my bedroom doorway
Time: 08:41 this morning

Having totally forgotten to reset the alarm or press the snooze button this morning, I fell back asleep after my alarm went off and drifted into a deep sleep.

Dream:

It's Christmas day. I have just walked into the shower. Mid-shower my brother hammers on the door - "Sis, sis, look at this!"
I open the door. My brother stands there with a bag of berries. "These taste sooo amazing! Try some!". I take the berries and close the door. The shower is still running so I pour the contents of the bag into the bath to wash the berries. I examine them, there are different varieties there and they all look quite unusual. The big red ones in particular look like a strange cross between a raspberry and blackberry. I sample some and my brother is right - they are delicious. I go back to having my shower and am interrupted again by someone banging on the door. It's my mum this time and she wants the berries so I scoop all the berries into the bucket she gives me.

Some time later I wander into the kitchen. My parents are preparing to cook christmas dinner and my mum tells me that we have something good this year.. "This is what I have bought for dinner this year" she tells me. A big white chicken, rather plump looking. And a small white dog. It's adorable. A small puppy that looked a bit like a walking piece of carpet. I watched it moving around, sniffing at people's ankles.

Cut scene to a dining area that I don't recognise. My mum is sitting at a small square table with a checkered tablecloth with 2 english men that I have never seen before. She is talking animatedly to them and pouring wine. I'm wondering who they are. I'm wondering if they are strangers off the street that she has invited for lunch.

Walking back towards to kitchen, I spot the little dog. I pick it up and give it a cuddle. With the sudden realisation that my parents were planning on serving this cute thing on a plate, I start crying and pleading for my mum to leave the dog alone and cook the chicken instead. I wake up from my dream..

Reality:

Sitting in the doorway waiting for J my housemate to brush his teeth so I can have a shower. I tell him about the dog dream.
"That's what happens when you go to bed early."

No comments: