Sunday, February 20, 2005

declutter

I felt a little melancholy on Friday. I had to say goodbye yet again to another colleague who has made a very large difference to my life. There is no doubt that I will see him again, but I will miss him being a part of my everyday life.

There are few people that you meet in your entire lifetime who have the ability to change everything, just by meeting them. Pure circumstance. People who leave their mark on you permanently somehow. S is one of those people for me. He'll probably never know it. He is a genuinely nice person - and when you are surrounded by insincerity and two-facedness every day it makes you glad to know that there are people that exist who have no agenda and even gladder to know that you have friends like these.

I have spent the better part of today spring cleaning. I have only one room to do but it's taken me hours. Here are some of the things I have discovered:

- I have 17 pairs of shoes here in London
- That lucid dreaming gadget I bought years ago - no idea if it still works
- I collect boxes and packaging subconsciously
- I steal lots of stuff from hotels.
- I almost have more underwear than clothes
- I have 15 bags. 6 of these are totally impractical and will only fit my wallet,keys and mobile phone in. And maybe my digital camera.

I have thrown away a black sack full of stuff and it doesn't appear to have made much difference. I feel great for doing it though :)

No comments: