Saturday, September 24, 2005

Toothbrush Thief

I don't understand. I live in a house of four people. Occasionally there are six people, when my parents come down on a Monday to visit. So, how is it that in our bathroom, there are ten toothbrushes? Who are these four other mystery residents?
I've noticed recently that somebody keeps moving my toothbrush from it's rightful place in the Toothbrush Dinosaur. I raised this issue at the dinner table last week and no one owned up to the dirty deed.
Well ok, that all sounds pretty petty. What does it really matter anyway? However, in the hours between me getting up yesterday and getting back home (maybe 7.30am to 2pm), my toothbrush VANISHED! It is nowhere to be seen and I was forced to use a new one last night. Who stole my toothbrush?!?

This house is turning into a House of Mystery. Hmph.

Anyway, life goes on pretty much at full pelt otherwise. I went for a run this morning for the first time in three weeks, and it was noticably more difficult that the last time. Having said that, it seemed to take less time so perhaps I was pushing myself a little too hard. October 16th draws ever nearer though and I will soon need to start running longer distance in order to be able to make the 10k.

Tomorrow I go and visit my new baby cousin. She is having a month old party. Well, her parents are throwing a party on her behalf. I doubt very much that she'll have a clue what the fuss is about. I haven't seen my uncle (the father) since his wedding, and in that time his wife has already dropped her first sprog. What is the world coming to? She's only 19. At this rate, by the time she gets to my age she'll be on her third. I guess you pick and choose your path.

No comments: