Thursday, November 17, 2005

beach bunny

It's been a long old week so far. Since Monday I have trekked for some 4 hours up a mountain, scaled rocks and waded through streams, crawled around in caves and spent the night in a north tribe village somewhere up a mountain. It was the most intense and gruelling experience I have ever had - and it was amazing. Exhausting but amazing.

Today I am in beautiful Koh Samui. I flew in last night to the only airport I have ever seen that is, simply a glorified hut. It's a constant 30 degrees here, and very relaxing. All I have to worry about is topping up the suntan lotion, and where to eat. The water is clear and blue and the sand is soft as it should be. Today we hired a moped and explored some of the island - not the most successful trip ever - I nearly hurt myself trying to get to a waterfall (accessing the tourist attractions here is almost an extreme sport in itself) and fed a couple of mosquitoes for my trouble. Oh well.

Tomorrow I return to Bangkok. Hopefully I will see more of it this time. My adventure is almost over :( It's a shame but I'm happy to leave Thailand on a high. It's been the most amazing experience for me in all sorts of ways. But more on that when I get home :) Off to sample a little nightlife now - koh samui style...

No comments: