Friday, October 29, 2004

Here comes the sun

Well, it's all over. The wedding that is.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Despite the complete inadequacy of the groom to
be organised, the fact that the best man was younger than the bride and had never been to a wedding
since prepuberty (is that a word?!), and the torrential rain that we endured the night before the Big Day,
it all went fairly smoothly. Of course, perhaps if the interpreter for the bride had turned up any later there
may not have been a wedding at all. And if the interpreter had not been told by the registrar that it
was not necessary for her to repeat the vows for the bride to mimic, then we may have witnessed the groom
getting married to two women that day. Stupid cow.

So despite everything, I enjoyed myself. I played with my little cousins, gossipped with my older cousins,
ate a stupendous 10 course wedding banquet and took hundreds of pictures of the compulsory games traditionally
played on the newlyweds. And then I went home to sleep it all off.

I feel like 100 years old today. I haven't had enough sleep since I was in Canada. My waking time is merging with
my sleeping time so life seems pretty surreal at times.
On a brighter note, 2 weeks today, I will be flying for a week away with my family to Hong Kong. It's going to be warm
and sunny there with cheap food and cheap gadgets, the exact thing I need. Hell, anything to get away from this rain.

No comments: