Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wet dreams

It's been a little while since I posted anything dream-related. That's not to say that I haven't had any dreams of note - rather I've had a lot of my mind and I forgot them a lot easier than in the past.

These days, my lifestyle seems to be much more conducive to dreaming. In other words, I am unemployed and don't have to get up so early. Better still, I wake up early and then go back to sleep, which is the best way to enter into the world of the Dreaming.

Of late, I've had some strange repetitions of the same dream. I will be doing something very personal, like taking a bath when the door will keep opening and members of my family will walk in and talk to me. In my dream I am always shocked and traumatised by this, but none of the people involved will be - it never seems to bother them that I am sitting naked in the bath or that I will be shouting at them to go away. Last night I had that dream again, only this time I was taking a shower. My housemate, brother, brother's girlfriend, they all wandered in and chattered idly.

I wonder what it means. I guess if I were to take a guess then perhaps I am harbouring some fear of people I know being able to see into my private self. Obviously in a metaphorical sense rather than a literal one. Perhaps I am afraid of people knowing the real me. The unadulterated one. In my dreams I am always flustered and anguished but somehow the door is always open. Is it because it can't be locked? Or is it rather that I leave it open on purpose?

Interestingly, an interpretation that I found on Google seems to suggest that dreaming of taking a bath represents a need to undergo some sort of metaphorical cleansing. To quote:
To dream that you are taking a bath, signifies a cleansing of your outer and inner self and a washing away of difficult times. This dream may also be symbolic of ridding yourself of old ideas, notions, opinions, and other negativities. Your dream may be pointing toward forgiveness and letting go.

I'm not really sure if I know what that is, if that's the case. I've already 'cleansed' myself out of a job. I'm not holding any grudges, I'm not having difficult times (quite the contrary in fact). Perhaps my dream just means that I've spent far too long decorating my new en-suite....

No comments: